All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>In a deeply moving story with the hallmarks of a classic, a homeless boy's rescue of a spindly Christmas tree sparks a glimmer of hope that has far-reaching effects.</b> It's late on Christmas Eve, and the little fir tree is the only tree left in the shop. <i>What a poor thing I am, </i> it thinks. But then a young boy enters the store, drawn in from the damp by the warmth and lights and the wonderful smell of Christmas, and he doesn't seem to mind that the scrawny tree isn't tall and straight like the others. . . . This magical story, beautifully illustrated by Emily Sutton, captures an unexpected and unforgettable moment of happiness that brings a whole city together.
- Author Biography<b>Delia Huddy</b> worked as an editor in children's publishing in a long career that included many happy years at Julia MacRae Books in London, after which she became editorial director at Random House UK. She was also an author of novels, picture books, and younger fiction. At the end of her life, in 2005, Delia Huddy was working on the text for <i>The Christmas Eve Tree.</i><b>Emily Sutton</b> is the illustrator of <i>Tiny Creatures: The World of Microbes</i> by Nicola Davies. In addition to illustrating picture books, she paints and makes prints, ceramics, and textiles. Emily Sutton lives in York, England.
- Author(s)Delia Huddy
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication27/09/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width254 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Emily Sutton
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $52.95
- AU $11.09Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.62
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.54
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $17.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.