Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.71
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.18
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.10
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.35
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.81
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.63
About this product
- DescriptionWhat would happen, I wonder, if the Armies suddenly and simultaneously went on strike and said some other method must be found of settling the dispute? --Winston Churchill, November 1914 In December of 1914, soldiers along the battlefront laid down their arms and observed a Christmastime truce. That much is true. They buried their dead, sang and drank together, roasted pigs and rabbits they had caught, and had bicycle races. And there was more than one football game. The first part of The Christmas Mutiny is as close as I can manage to what really happened, allowing for dramatic license. I wanted to have a diverse cast of young characters, so I allowed an American pilot to be forced down near the front, a Turkish observer to be present among the Germans, and so on - they weren't there, but they could have been. The second part of the book is something very different. It tells a story of what might have happened. It's t the only way things might have happened, and maybe I'm wrong and it couldn't possibly have happened the way I describe. You may certainly feel free to disagree. If you feel so strongly that you want to write your own version, I'd be very happy to read it.
- Author BiographyJohn M. Burt has been a human since 1960, a veteran since 1982, married since 1984, a college graduate since 1985, a massage therapist since 1985, a father since 1988, a published author since 1996. He has been a U.S. Navy Hospital Corpsman, a Certified Nursing Assistant, a house cleaner, a telephone interviewer, a census taker, a security guard, a middle-school history teacher and a farm laborer. He lives in a decrepit but beloved Victorian house which is known all over Corvallis, Oregon, for its cedar tree whose branches overhang the sidewalk (people stop almost every day to take their pictures under it). He walks out with his wife every day, always wearing a striped engineer's cap and almost always wearing his garish sweater (he's owned The Sweater since 1987 and has been mending it ever since, and it has its own web site: http: //the-sweater.tumblr.com/). He has raised four children and is contributing to the maturation of another.
- Author(s)MR John M Burt
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.