All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $30.69
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.22
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $22.04
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.00
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.67
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionAn intentionally convoluted book, THE AUTO-GENERATOR begins as an experimental roman a clef, devolves into an absurdist science-fiction farce and comes out the other end as a literate tragedy. Cyclical and referential, the work, as a whole, has become an attempt to synthesize the entirety of Twentieth Century literature and philosophy into a coherent form. This is a necessity, t a conceit.
- Author BiographyVITAL STATISTICS- Born in Los Angeles in 1968, the Author now lives in the Greater Omaha Metropolitan Area. The Author spent many years abroad as an adolescent, studied Journalism in High School and eventually joined the United States Air Force (1986-1994). As a touch of mystery, the Author is forbidden by law from discussing his military career, however, he was well-trained in various technical and chemical disciplines, all the while continuing his studies in religion, history and philosophy. The Author spent some years (1989-1992) involved in small press publishing and concert promotions. Suffering the joys of war and divorce, the Author engaged in the now typical activities of self-destruction and renewal. This, of course, has both influenced and altered the Author's style and approach to the art of the novel. As a matter of influence and discipline, the Author claims William S. Burroughs, C.S. Lewis, Michael Moorcock, Francis Schaeffer, Jack Kerouac and Monty Python. By preference, the Author is inherently a genre writer, particularly in the area of science-fiction and fantasy.
- Author(s)Durand J Compton
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byErich Christiansen
- Photographer(s)Jody Steiner
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.