All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with the theology of the Church of Smyrna from its foundation up to the Council of Nicaea in 325. The author provides a critical historical evaluation of the documentary sources and certain aspects particularly deserving of discussion. He makes a meticulous study of the history of the city, its gods and institutions, the set-up of the Jewish and Christian communities and the response of the latter to the imperial cult. Finally, he undertakes a detailed analysis both of the reception of the Hebrew Scriptures and the apostolic traditions, as well as examining the gradual historical process of the shaping of orthodoxy and the identity of the community in the light of the organisation of its ecclesial ministries, its sacramental life and the cult of its martyrs.
- Author BiographyMauricio Saavedra Monroy is an Augustinian priest. He holds a doctoral degree in Theology and Patristic Studies. He teaches Patristics in the Institutum Patristicum Augustinianum of Rome and Saint Augustine Cervantina University of Bogota.
- Author(s)Mauricio Saavedra
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication29/03/2015
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitlePatrologia - Beitrage zum Studium der Kirchenvater
- Series Part/Volume Number33
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight660 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.