All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt the outset of World War II, Denmark did t resist German occupation. Deeply ashamed of his nation's leaders, fifteen-year-old Knud Pedersen resolved with his brother and a handful of schoolmates to take action against the Nazis if the adults would t. Naming their secret club after the fiery British leader, the young patriots in the Churchill Club committed countless acts of sabotage, infuriating the Germans, who eventually had the boys tracked down and arrested. But their efforts were t in vain: the boys' exploits and eventual imprisonment helped spark a full-blown Danish resistance. Interweaving his own narrative with the recollections of Knud himself, here is Phil Hoose's inspiring story of these young war heroes.
- Author BiographyPhillip Hoose is the author of Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice, a National Book Award winner, a Newbery Honor Book, a Robert F. Sibert Honor Book, a YALSA Finalist for Excellence in Young Adult Fiction, and an ALA Best Book for Young Adults. His other books include Moonbird: A Year on the Wind with the Great Survivor B95, also a Robert F. Sibert Honor Book; and We Were There, Too!, a National Book Award finalist. Mr. Hoose lives in Portland, Maine.
- Author(s)Phillip Hoose
- PublisherFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Date of Publication11/05/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.63
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $19.66Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $12.02Trending at AU $17.22
- AU $16.71Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $11.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.