All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionOne day the last cigarette on earth will be smoked. One final puff will be sent heaven-bound, leaving a lingering, evanescent smoke-ring. Then thing but pure, clear space. And the wise of this world will rejoice. Because logic demands that mankind is rid of this pernicious poison. And wasn't that well-kwn logician Adolf Hitler the most virulent opponent of cigarette smoking in the last century? Logic tells us cigarettes are bad for our health: this accounts for the diseased visions of Pablo Picasso who smoked cigarettes until his death at the age of 92.'
- Author BiographyEducated at Reigate Grammar School, and a scholar of Trinity College Oxford, Chris Harrald has enjoyed a varied smoking career. It concluded with many years of a solid 60-a-day intake of Silk Cut. In between cigarettes, he has worked in advertising, written screenplays and worked on several miniseries for American television. As an ex-smoker, he holds strong views. Inhale fully, saturating the lungs. Do not toy with cigarettes. Do not be indecisive: if in doubt, light up. Fletcher Watkins is from South Wales. Educated at Caerphilly Grammar School and University College, Oxford where he read English, he worked in advertising as a copywriter for fifteen years at J. Walter Thompson and Ogilvy & Mather. He is now an award-winning TV scriptwriter.
- Author(s)Chris Harrald,Fletcher Watkins
- PublisherQuartet Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuartet Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width140 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.