All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAgnes Varda, a pioneer of the French New Wave, has been making radical films for over half a century. Many of these are considered by scholars, filmmakers, and audiences alike, as audacious, seminal, and unforgettable. This volume considers her production as a whole, revisiting overlooked films like Mur, Murs/Documenteur (1980-81), and connecting her cinema to recent installation work. This study demonstrates how Varda has resisted rms of representation and diktats of production. It also shows how she has elaborated a personal repertoire of images, characters, and settings, which all provide insight on their cultural and political contexts. The book thus offers new readings of this director's multifaceted reveries, arguing that her work should be seen as an aesthetically influential and ethically-driven production where cinema is both a political and collaborative practice, and a synesthetic art form.
- Author BiographyDelphine Benezet teaches comparative literature in the School of Languages, Linguistics, and Film at Queen Mary, University of London.
- Author(s)Delphine Benezet
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication20/06/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleDirectors' Cuts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWallflower Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.