All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionOften overlooked and overshadowed by its North American cousin, Canadian cinema has nevertheless produced some fascinating films and directors, including Atom Egoyan, Robert Lepage, Denys Arcand, Michael Sw and David Cronenberg. The Cinema of Canada contains 24 essays, each on a different film and divides itself into three distinct categories: English-Canadian cinema; Quebec cinema; and Aboriginal cinema. In so doing, it provides a fascinating historical account of the development of film and documentary traditions across the diverse national and regional communities in Canada. Among the many important films discussed are Le Declin de l'empire americain (1988), I've Heard the Mermaids Singing (1988), Exotica (1994), Dead Man (1995), Le Confessional (1995) and Atanarjuat: The Fast Runner (2001).
- Author BiographyJerry White is Assistant Professor of Film Studies at the University of Alberta, where he is also President of the Canadian Association for Irish Studies. He has published widely on Canadian cinema including, as co-editor, North of Everything: English-Canadian Cinema Since 1980 (2002).
- Author(s)Jerry White
- PublisherWallflower Press
- Date of Publication21/06/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series Title24 Frames
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWallflower Press
- Content Note24 b& w
- Weight666 g
- Width150 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.