All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past fifteen years, writer, producer and director Christopher Nolan has emerged from the margins of independent British cinema to become one of the most commercially successful directors in Hollywood. From Following (1998) to Interstellar (2014), Christopher Nolan's films explore philosophical concerns by experimenting with nlinear storytelling while also working within classical Hollywood narrative and genre frameworks. Contextualizing and closely reading each of his films, this collection examines the director's play with memory, time, trauma, masculinity, and identity, and considers the function of music and video games and the effect of IMAX on his work.
- Author BiographyJacqueline Furby is senior lecturer in film and Stuart Joy is associate lecturer in film and television at Southampton Solent University.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleDirectors' Cuts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWallflower Press
- Content Note24 b&w
- Weight454 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Edited byJacqueline Furby,Stuart Joy
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.