All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cinema of Takeshi Kita: Flowering Blood is a detailed aesthetic, Deleuzian, and phemelogical exploration of Japan's finest currently-working film director, performer, and celebrity. The volume uniquely explores Kita's oeuvre through the tropes of stillness and movement, becoming animal, melancholy and loss, intensity, schizophrenia, and radical alterity; and through the aesthetic temperatures of color, light, camera movement, performance and urban and oceanic space. In this highly original mograph, all of Kita's films are given due consideration, including A Scene at the Sea (1991), Sonatine (1993), Dolls (2002), and Outrage (2010).
- Author BiographySean Redmond is Associate Professor of Media and Communication at Deakin University, Australia. He is the editor of Liquid Metal: The Science Fiction Film Reader (2005), and co-editor of Hollywood Transgressor: the Cinema of Kathryn Bigelow (2004), Framing Celebrity: New Directions in Celebrity Culture (2006), The Stardom and Celebrity Reader (2008), and The Star and Celebrity Confessional (2011). He is also the editor of the journal Celebrity Studies.
- Author(s)Sean Redmond
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleDirectors' Cuts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWallflower Press
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.