All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe Citizen Action Encyclopedia provides basic information on the activities and significance of the people, organizations, and events that comprise the history of American citizen activism in the 20th century. Containing almost 300 cross-referenced entries and 50 illustrations, the encyclopedia includes individuals, groups, and movements that achieved both national standing and significant success in altering the political, legal, social, or ecomic structure of the United States. The encyclopedia is the first single-volume reference work to cover the entire spectrum of American activism in the last century, describing groups and activists of both the Left and the Right. The book also offers broad general entries that put the debates on such issues as the environment and abortion policy into balanced perspective.
- Author BiographyRICHARD S. HALSEY was dean of the School of Information Science and Policy, State University of New York at Albany, from 1980 until 1993. He has served as secretary of New York State Common Cause, executive director of the Citizens' Library Council of New York State, chair of the State Documents Committee of The New York State Historical Records Advisory Board and Committee for the New York State Library. Halsey's other publications include contributions on library information topics in Academic American Encyclopedia, Funk & Wagnalls New Encyclopedia, New Book of Knowledge, and Encarta: Classical Music Recordings for Home and Library and Halsey'Choice in CD Review Digest.
- Author(s)Richard S. Halsey
- Date of Publication30/12/2001
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteindex, bibliography
- Weight1027 g
- Width167 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.