Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionExhibiting a clear, straightforward style, his many works are marked by a comprehensiveness and a catholicity of view. There is hardly an element of southern thought or society, hardly a major movement of any kind or an event of any significance that has escaped his penetrating thought and discerning analysis. This volume of Eaton's selected writings forms a rich and provocative mosaic of southern life from the years of Thomas Jefferson to the close of the Civil War. These selections, perceptively edited by Albert D. Kinvan, 'show the wide range of Eaton's interests, including the impact of slavery, the influence of religion, and the art of politics, and they demonstrate the depth of his insight into the civilization of the Old South.
- Author BiographyClement Eaton 's works are Freedom of Thought in the Old South, The Mind of the Old South, The Growth of Southern Civilization, and A History of the Southern Confederacy.
- Author(s)Clement Eaton
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAlbert Dennis Kirwan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.