All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionReunited for the extravagant wedding of a college friend: Kezia, the second-in-command to an eccentric jewellery designer; Nathaniel, the former literary cool kid w selling his wares in Hollywood; and Victor, who has just been fired from a middling search engine. They soon slip back into their old roles - Victor loves Kezia. Kezia loves Nathaniel. Nathaniel loves Nathaniel. In the midst of all this semi-merriment, Victor has a bizarre encounter with the mother of the groom that triggers an obsession over a legendary necklace. Lacking employment or any other kind of tie, Victor leaves New York in search of the jewellery, supposedly stashed away in an obscure small-town chateau. And, in a bid to save him from ruining whatever is left of his young ambitions, Kezia and Nathaniel set out to find him. Heartfelt, suspenseful and told with Sloane Crosley's inimitable spark and wit, The Clasp is a story of friends struggling to fit together when their lives haven't gone as planned and of learning how to tell the difference between what's real and what's fake. I took so much pleasure in every sentence of The Clasp, fell so completely under the spell of its narrative tone - equal parts bite and tenderness, a dash of rue - and became so completely caught up in the charmingly dented protagonists and their off-kilter cape, that the book's emotional power, building steadily and quietly, caught me off-guard, and left me with a lump in my throat. (Michael Chabon).
- Author BiographySloane is a regular contributor to the New York Times and has also written for the Guardian, Elle, GQ and the Wall Street Journal. Her essay collections, I Was Told There'd Be Cake and How Did You Get This Number, were New York Times bestsellers. She lives in New York and THE CLASP is her first novel.
- Author(s)Sloane Crosley
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight526 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.