All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFreshly baked bread is an incredibly evocative aroma, feeding in to a shared understanding of this versatile food which has been an important staple in our diet since the dawn of agriculture. There are probably few people in who, were the question put to them directly, would t say that they consider bread one of the most, if t the most, important article of food. Throughout recorded history, bread's popularity around the world has given it the reputation as one of mankind's oldest artificial foods. In its various forms, bread has been made in almost every portion of the world and every period of time. The Greeks were taught the art of bread-making by their god, Pan; from Rome the practice of baking bread very slowly found its way over the corners of Europe. Making bread was surely one of the first chemistry experiments and today remains a staple food throughout the world. In this informative volume, Slyvester Graham takes us from the history of bread all the way through to its properties, fermentation, preparation and the different varieties of this universal foodstuff.
- Author(s)Robert Wells,Sylvester Graham
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/05/2016
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleThe Classic Guide to...
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note30
- Weight295 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.