All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection brings together three pieces of work that, incredibly, were all published within a single year. That Jane Eyre (Charlotte), Wuthering Heights (Emily) and Agnes Grey (Anne), works of such lasting quality, were produced in such a short space of time is incredible eugh: that it was all the output of three sisters living straitened lives in a lonely Yorkshire village was extraordinary. The story of the Bronte sisters is surely unique in literary history. Here were three girls who spent the greater part of their tragically brief lives in an austere, isolated parsonage on the Yorkshire moors. Their contacts with the outside world were brief and often unhappy, they fought a continual, hopeless battle against failing health, yet their combined willpower, energy and talent resulted in a stream of letters, stories, poems and vels, including two undoubted masterpieces, Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. The three vels in this volume form a representative cross-section of their mature work. The most famous of them, Jane Eyre, is a deeply-felt, passionate story, based in part on Charlotte's personal experiences, strong in situation and characterisation. Wuthering Heights, Emily's only prose work, though bitterly attacked in its day, is recognised today as one of the greatest of English romantic vels. It is a powerful and imaginative tale with marvellous descriptions of the wild beauty of the moors. Agnes Grey, by the youngest sister Anne, is a moving and simply written story of a governess's life, again based on her own unhappy experiences.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Bronte is one of the most famous novelists of her period. Growing up in genteel poverty she persevered through great personal tragedy and loss to write several famous and inspiring works. However, Jane Eyre is her masterpiece, its enduring popularity demonstrated by its constant re-creation in new editions, plays, films and television series.
- Author(s)Anne Bronte,Charlotte Bronte,Emily Bronte
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication28/07/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleClassic Works
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBounty Books
- Out-of-print date28/09/2016
- Weight776 g
- Width156 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.