All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe three-section staff is a traditional Chinese weapon consisting of three short wooden or metal rods linked by chain. A versatile and difficult weapon, it can be flexible or rigid, long or short, an instrument of finesse or brutality. For visual impact, it is as dazzling as it is intimidating. As an exercise tool, it develops coordination, aerobic stamina, speed and joint flexibility. As a cultural artefact, its use in duelling and pre-firearm warfare is historically documented. As a modern-day weapon, it is compact and convenient, and is only dangerous in the hands of one who has been trained in its use.To wield the three-section staff requires athletic prowess, courage, and tenacity, characterizing the person who masters it as one of substance and fierce individuality. Unsurprisingly, it's the weapon of choice for many advanced martial artists throughout the world, yet instructions on its use have largely remained hidden. In The Classical Three-Section Staff , Rick Wing w brings this ancient weapon into the light. Wing breaks down the complex wheeling maeuvres of the three-section staff into easily understood, step-by step instructions, and hundreds of photographs carefully depict front and back views of techniques. With a 'learn at your own pace' approach, and a solid foundation of descriptive text, the blurring weapon of 'whirling fury' is made easy and enjoyable.
- Author BiographyRick Wing is a devoted and long-time student of Grandmaster Wong Jack Man, having begun his kung fu studies with Master Wong as a teenager. After his retirement in 2005, Master Wong requested that Wing take over for him as the main instructor at his school in San Francisco, the Jing Mo Athletic Association. Wing continues to lead classes in kung fu and traditional Chinese liondancing at the Jing Mo Athletic Association.
- Author(s)Rick Wing
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Snake Books
- Out-of-print date13/06/2015
- Content NoteMore than 500 black and white photographs
- Weight522 g
- Width203 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.