All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionIn Western civilization, we have come to regard the body as an instrument or a machine that responds to external challenges but does t have a life or creativity of its own. Thanks to some of its inherent capabilities, however, the living body can act in a highly intelligent and creative manner. All of us have ticed from time to time that our body can move naturally, without any conscious effort; it can adapt to new situational demands and propose unexpected solutions. While skiing or rock climbing or sailing, we may have abandoned ourselves to our bodily timing and responsiveness, our acute feeling for new solutions. In The Clever Body, Gabor Csepregi describes in detail the nature and scope of these innate abilities - sensibility, spontaneity, mimetic faculty, sense of rhythm, memory, and imagination - and reflects on their significance in human life.
- Author BiographyGabor Csepregi is the President of the Dominican College of Philosophy and Theology in Ottawa. He is the editor-in-chief of the journal Science et Esprit and has published over fifty articles, reviews, and essays on philosophy, music, and sport.
- Author(s)Gabor Csepregi
- PublisherUniversity of Calgary Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Calgary Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.