All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
About this product
- DescriptionI've always been 'the clever one'. So clever that I got 10 As in my Junior Cert. So clever that everyone kws I'm destined for great things. But my family chooses to igre how clever I am when I tell them that all this is going to end badly. 'This' being my sister Fiona's anuncement that she is having a baby (father: Big; occupation: shady scumbag). At first, I swore I wouldn't help her. After all, if she wants to be a pramface, that's her problem. But I didn't realise how much I'd love baby Harvey, and want to do everything in my power to protect him. Mam is doing her usual act of pretending everything's fine. My brother Cian is in a world of his own. My shiny happy best friend Mark thinks I should stay out of it. But I can't. So I try to figure out a way to get Big out of our lives for good. And once my plan is in motion, I can't go back. No matter how much I sometimes want to.
- Author BiographyHelena Close was born in Cork in 1959 but moved to Limerick at the age of five. She attended UCG where she studied English and Sociology and has worked in a variety of jobs while rearing her four children. She has been writing full time for the past eight years and has co written four books with her best friend Trisha Rainsford. Her own first novel, Pinhead Duffy, was published in 2005. The Cut of Love, her second novel, was published in 2009. She has recently moved to the wilds of Liscannor, Co. Clare, much to her and her husband's delight and her children's disgust! She is an avid sports fan and a huge Munster and Liverpool supporter. When she's not writing she likes to run, swim, work out in the gym and drink good coffee.
- Author(s)Helena Close
- PublisherHodder Headline Ireland
- Date of Publication04/08/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCastleknock
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintHachette Books Ireland
- Weight220 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.