All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAmanda Lamarche's debut collection of poetry is a work of imaginative grace and power. These poems topple the rmal hierarchy of everyday concerns, promoting fears unlikely in the 'rmal' state of being -- the fear of buttons, of dying to the wrong song, of houses built on corners -- to the same stage and emotional impact as the more common (perhaps more cliched) fears of car crashes and collapsing bridges. The clever combination of explorations emotional and playful carries on. Technical advice for cutting down trees is juxtaposed with the development of omius personal overtones. The title sequence takes issue with the easy laying down of language by recasting well-worn sayings: giving them back-stories, situating them in real time and real places, and reinvigorating them by providing each its own individual universe from which to draw meaning. Amanda Lamarche's refreshing poems refuse at all the right moments to take themselves too seriously. They have the amazing ability to make readers shift from out-loud laughter to profound insight in a gasp of breath.
- Author(s)Amanda Lamarche
- PublisherNightwood Editions
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNightwood Editions
- Weight118 g
- Width200 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.