All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- DescriptionAddlesbury Tower is haunted by Rich King Cole, a mean old man who fell off it long ago in mysterious circumstances. Enter Amanda Phillips - a spiteful, greedy girl, much feared by her family, who is determined to claim the tower for her own territory. As Mandy and King Cole lock horns in an ever more devious battle for supremacy, neither realise how much they really have in common.
- Author BiographyGene Kemp has established herself as one of the most inventive and imaginative of British children's writers. She was born in 1926 and grew up in Staffordshire. After studying at Exeter University she taught, married and had three children. She is best-known for her Cricklepit School stories, including The Turbulent Term of Tyke Tiler, a winner of the Carnegie Medal and the Children's Rights Award, Charlie Lewis Plays for Time, which was runner-up for the Whitbread Award in 1985, and Just Ferret, which was a runner-up for the Smarties Award in 1990. In addition, she has written The Clock Tower Ghost, Jason Bodger and the Priory Ghost (short stories) and a poetry anthology. She also writes for TV and radio. In 1984 she was awarded an honorary degree for her books, which have been translated into numerous languages. She lives in Devon.
- Author(s)Gene Kemp
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication03/06/2002
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleFaber Children's Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Out-of-print date28/02/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.