CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn THE CLOUD IDOL SPEAKS, you'll meet an internet billionaire who has assembled a crew of like-minded individuals for a clandestine mission. Peter Booth amassed his wealth by inventing a highly intelligent and entertaining search engine from his bayou home. Now Peter's goals are to elevate the quality of life for all humans while preserving the natural world and returning it to a pristine state. Ambitious doesn't even begin to describe this undertaking. The opposition he and his compatriots will face is colossal. Most tably, human greed. No place on earth boasts more greed per square inch than the Osprey Club in San Francisco and its redwood retreat to the rth. The all male club, in existence for over a century, includes only the most powerful and ruthless men of business and politics. So Peter's diverse team will have their hands full if they are to prevail. These brave and misguided souls are Pixel (an eco-terrorist hacker who is wicked with her bow and prefers to be naked whenever possible), Guru (an unpublished writer hiding from reality on a Maui beach), Hog (a big bearded biker who secretly loves opera), Plethora and Plenty (husband and wife dwarfs, doctor and herbalist), Anguish, Mistrust and Dread (individually intellectuals, collectively Porkshita punk rock band). Will good intentions triumph over obstinacy? Cryptic eugh? What will nature have to say in response to such a clash of ideologies? Are you intrigued yet? Warning: This book contains sex, drugs, & rock-n-roll! How about w?
- Author BiographyThe author grew up, lived, and worked among northern California's mighty redwoods. He then spent almost six years with his toes in the Maui sand. He now resides happily in southern Indiana. Yes, there's a story there. Perhaps it will be told in his second book.
- Author(s)Dave Adams
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight567 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.