All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Coaching Manager provides guidance, tools, and examples needed to develop leadership talent and inspire performance through an invative coaching model that the authors have researched and tested among thousands of managers through the rewned Babson College Coaching for Leadership and Teamwork Program. Unlike coaching books that focus on performance problems, The Coaching Manager presents a developmental coaching methodology that managers can use to guide employees to achieve higher levels of skill, experience greater engagement with organizations, and promote personal development. Key Features * Covers the concept, processes, and strategies involved in developmental coaching, providing real-world strategies for developing people in any organization. * Offers self-assessment tools to prompt students and managers to explore their existing tions of coaching and to what extent they or their organizations might be prepared or ready to create and sustain a coaching environment. * Twenty real-world cases illustrate coaching in action across different organizations and environments. * Action checklists to deepen skills and provide experiential learning opportunities in the classroom and on the job.
- Author BiographyDr. James M. Hunt is an associate professor of management and former Chair of the Management Division at Babson College, in Wellesley, Massachusetts. There he teaches leadership, talent development and creativity. James has consulted to numerous business and health care organizations on the development of an organizational coaching capability, executive coaching, and talent development by managers. His current research is on the relationship between creativity, uncertainty and career development. He co-lead the design of Babson's innovative Talent Management course in the MBA Program and lead the redesign team for Babson's flagship course, Foundations of Management and Entrepreneurship. Formerly, he was faculty co-director of the Babson College Coaching for Leadership and Teamwork Program and a founder and former faculty co-director of the Babson Executive Education Coaching Inside the Organization program, designed for organizational development and human resource professionals. James is coauthor of the book The Coaching Organization: A Strategy for Developing Leaders, a groundbreaking study of best practice companies and coaching, published by Sage (2007). Dr. Hunt graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology with a bachelor's of science degree and received a doctorate in business administration from Boston University Graduate School of Management, where he studied career and leadership development and work/life balance Dr. Joseph R. Weintraub is a professor of management and organizational behavior at Babson College in Wellesley, Massachusetts where he serves as the founder and faculty director of the Babson Coaching for Leadership and Teamwork Program. He is also the faculty director of the Management Consulting Field Experience Program at Babson, an experiential project management program providing consulting services to both the for profit and not-for-profit sectors. Dr. Weintraub is an industrial-organizational psychologist who focuses in the areas of individual and organizational effectiveness including leadership development, coaching, team effectiveness, innovation, and performance management. His work on coaching has received several awards, including the Management Development Paper of the Year from the Academy of Management. He is the coauthor of The Coaching Organization: A Strategy for Developing Leaders (Sage, 2007). Dr. Weintraub's work has appeared in a number of publications including the MIT Sloan Management Review, Organizational Effectiveness, The Wall Street Journal, the Journal of Management Education, and The European Financial Review. Dr. Weintraub serves as Faculty Director at Babson Executive Education, where he is the cofounder and codirector of Coaching Inside the Organization, an innovative certification program for internal organizational coaches. In addition to his work at Babson, Dr. Weintraub is also president of Organizational Dimensions, a management consulting and assessment firm based in Wellesley. He spends much of his consulting practice in helping organizations to develop their own coaching managers. He also develops and delivers leadership development programs in a variety of organizations around the world. His clients have included General Electric, Bose, Fidelity Investments, Citizens Bank, EMD Serono, Boston Children's Hospital, Ocean Spray, and T-Mobile. He is also the co-developer of InnoQuotient, a comprehensive survey tool that measures the culture of innovation in organizations. Dr. Weintraub received his B.S. in psychology from the University of Pittsburgh and both his M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in industrial-organizational psychology from Bowling Green State University. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Author(s)James M. Hunt,Joseph R. Weintraub
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication22/06/2016
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.