All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI have lived a very long and full life and did things most people only dream. I was raised in Alabama until I was fourteen years old when my dad moved us to Alaska in 1949 where I lived for forty-two years. This book spans over seventy years of my life. I grew up in the rough and tumble years of early Alaska. Going back to the time my Uncle Gene taught me self-defense and self-confidence, I used the cobra hold in many aspects of my life. My battles were t always in the physical sense but more of a tenacious grip. The dictionary defines tenacious as one t readily letting go of an object, position, or principle. That also defines me. I wasn't afraid to pursue to the bloody end if I thought I was right or even if someone I knew or loved was being wronged. Among the many of his adventures described in this book, Ken Nix was the owner/contractor of Peninsula Excavating in Anchorage, Alaska. One of his business associates describes him as follows: Kenny Nix was typical of many old-time Alaskan contractors: 'Tell me what you want, stay out of my way, and I will get it done.' He was never afraid to confront a bureaucrat or engineer who wanted to follow the book when Ken knew from practical experience that it would t work. You could take Ken's word to the bank, because he always delivered as promised.
- Author(s)Ken Nix
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Business
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.