All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLecturers, request your electronic inspection copy Johnny Saldana's unique and invaluable manual demystifies the qualitative coding process with a comprehensive assessment of different coding types, examples and exercises. The ideal reference for students, teachers, and practitioners of qualitative inquiry, it is essential reading across the social sciences and neatly guides you through the multiple approaches available for coding qualitative data. Its wide array of strategies, from the more straightforward to the more complex, is skillfully explained and carefully exemplified providing a complete toolkit of codes and skills that can be applied to any research project. For each code Saldana provides information about the method's origin, gives a detailed description of the method, demonstrates its practical applications, and sets out a clearly illustrated example with analytic follow-up. Now with a companion website, the book is supported by: * SAGE journal articles showing coding being applied to real research * Sample transcripts highlighting coding techniques * Links to CAQDAS sites to introduce relevant software * Practical student exercises Links to video and digital content This international bestseller is an extremely usable, robust manual and is a must-have resource for qualitative researchers at all levels. Click here for a listing of Johnny Saldana's upcoming workshops. Available with Perusall-an eBook that makes it easier to prepare for class Perusall is an award-winning eBook platform featuring social antation tools that allow students and instructors to collaboratively mark up and discuss their SAGE textbook. Backed by research and supported by techlogical invations developed at Harvard University, this process of learning through collaborative antation keeps your students engaged and makes teaching easier and more effective. Learn more.
- Author BiographyJohnny Saldana is Professor Emeritus of Theatre from the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts' School of Film, Dance, and Theatre at Arizona State University. He has been involved in the field of theatre as a teacher educator, director, playwright, and qualitative researcher. Saldana's research methods have been used and cited internationally for studies in K-12 and higher education, the fine arts, business, technology, social sciences, government, social services, communication, human development, sport, health care, and medicine. He is the author of Longitudinal Qualitative Research: Analyzing Change Through Time (AltaMira Press, 2003), recipient of the 2004 Outstanding Book Award from the National Communication Association's Ethnography Division; Ethnodrama: An Anthology of Reality Theatre (AltaMira Press, 2005), an edited collection of ethnographic-based plays; The Coding Manual for Qualitative Researchers (Sage Publications, 2009; second edition, 2013), a handbook on qualitative data analysis; Fundamentals of Qualitative Research (Oxford University Press, 2011), a commissioned introductory textbook and volume one of the Understanding Qualitative Research series; Ethnotheatre: Research from Page to Stage (Left Coast Press, 2011), a playwriting primer for performance ethnography and recipient of the American Educational Research Association's Qualitative Research Special Interest Group's 2012 Outstanding Book Award; and Qualitative Data Analysis: A Methods Sourcebook, third edition (Sage Publications, 2014), a commissioned update and revision of the late Matthew B. Miles and A. Michael Huberman's second edition (1994) book, Qualitative Data Analysis: An Expanded Sourcebook.
- Author(s)Johnny Saldana
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.