Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe Colle is a solid, reliable system of development based on the popular opening move 1 d4. One of its major advantages is that although the system is very easy to learn and play, it leads to exciting middlegame positions where White often launches a violent attack against Black's king. The Colle is a particular favourite amongst club players, but is also seen at grandmaster level; perhaps its most well-kwn exponents are the former World Championship Candidate Artur Yusupov and the twice World Junior Champion Shakhriyar Mamedyarov. This book is a further addition to Everyman's best-selling Starting Out series, which has been acclaimed for its original approach to tackling chess openings. International Master Richard Palliser examines the fundamentals of the Colle, elaborating on the crucial early moves and ideas for both sides in a way that is often neglected in other texts. The reader is helped throughout with a plethora of tes, tips and warnings highlighting the vital characteristics of the Colle and of opening play in general. Starting Out: The Colle is a perfect guide for improving players and those new to this opening. Written by a Colle expert, it covers everything you need to kw after 1 d4 d5. It concentrates on the basic principles of the opening, and is ideal for improvers, club players and tournament players.
- Author BiographyRichard Palliser is a young English International Master who is quickly carving out a reputation as a skilled and prolific chess writer. His previous works for Everyman Chess include The Bb5 Sicilian and Tango!, both of which were warmly received by the critics and chess public alike.
- Author(s)Richard Palliser
- PublisherEveryman Chess
- Date of Publication07/05/2007
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Series TitleStarting Out Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman Chess
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.