All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionZbigniew Herbert is one of the outstanding poets of the last century. This exceptional new translation brings together, for the first time in English in one volume, his entire poetic output - from his first book of poems, String of Light, in 1956, to his final volume, previously unpublished in English, Epilogue of the Storm. As Joseph Brodsky said of Herbert's Selected Poems, this definitive collection is 'bound for a much longer haul than any of us can anticipate'.
- Author BiographyZbigniew Herbert (1924-1998) was a spiritual leader of the anticommunist movement in Poland. His work has been translated into almost every European language, and he won numerous prizes including the Jerusalem Prize and the T. S. Eliot Prize. His books include Selected Poems, Report from the Besieged City and Other Poems, Mr Cognito, Still Life with a Bridle, and King of the Ants. This volume is edited and translated from the Polish by Alissa Valles, with additional translations by Czeslaw Milosz and Peter Dale Scott, and an introduction by Adam Zagajewski.
- Author(s)Zbigniew Herbert
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight495 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.