Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
About this product
- DescriptionVolume one of the collected short novels of Mrs. Aubin Mrs. Penelope Aubin, born in London around 1679, is something of a woman of mystery and in that lays much of her allure as a person and as an author. Certainly, Penelope Aubin was an author of note at a time when female authors were uncommon and in her day her work was regarded as highly as that of Haywood and Daniel Defoe, though of course her fame has not endured so well as that of the latter. Mrs. Aubin was well known for the writing of decidedly 'racy' fiction-in effect 'bodice-rippers' at a time when there were actually bodices to rip! In any event her seven short novels which are enacted on a global stage are full of adventure, lust, seduction, duelling, violence, young love-and sometimes all of these elements in the same tale. Aubin wrote prodigiously and was a poet as well as a translator of French prose . The complete collection of Mrs. Aubin's classic novels of 17th century life and love have been gathered together in this special Leonaur two volume set for modern readers to own and enjoy. In volume one readers will find The Life of Madam de Beaumontt, The Strange Adventures of the Count de Vinevil and His Family, The Life and Amorous Adventures of Lucinda and The Noble Slaves; or, The Lives and Adventures of Two Lords and Two Ladies. Originally presented in the style of the day, these texts have been carefully revised by Leonaur's editors to remove archaic ligatured characters, thereby making them more accessible to contemporary readers. Leonaur editions are newly typeset and are not facsimiles; each title is available in softcover and hardback with dustjacket; our hardbacks are cloth bound and feature gold foil lettering on their spines and fabric head and tail bands.
- Author(s)Mrs Aubin
- PublisherLeonaur Ltd
- Date of Publication25/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeonaur Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.