All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.58Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.73Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
About this product
- DescriptionAppearing in English for the first time, The Collected Stories of Joseph Roth includes seventeen vellas and stories that echo the intensity and achievement of his greatest vel, The Radetzky March. Spanning the entire range of Roth's brief life (1894-1939) and showcasing the breadth of his literary powers, this collection features many stories just recently discovered. Roth's vellas and short stories will rank with Chekhov's as among the greatest of modern literature.
- Author BiographyJoseph Roth (1894-1939) was the great elegist of the cosmopolitan culture that flourished in the dying days of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. He published several books and articles before his untimely death at the age of 44. Roth's writing has been admired by J. M. Coetzee, Jeffrey Eugenides, Elie Wiesel, and Nadine Gordimer, among many others. For his translations, acclaimed poet Michael Hofmann has won the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize, the Dublin International IMPAC Award, the PEN/Book-of-the-Month Club Prize, the Helen and Kurt Wolff Translator's Prize, the Oxford-Weidenfeld Translation Prize, and The Schlegel-Tieck Prize (four times). He is the highly acclaimed translator of, among others, Kafka, Brecht, and Joseph Roth.
- Author(s)Joseph Roth
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication06/06/2003
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byMichael Hofmann
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.