All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionKrishnamurti delivered these Talks at Rajghat - Benares, on the banks of the Ganges River, during the month of December 1952, to boys and girls, of the ages of 9 to 20. Krishnamurti begins by putting forth the following questions to the students: Why are you learning history, mathematics, geography? Have you ever thought of why you go to schools and colleges? Is it t very important to find out why you are crammed with information, with so-called kwledge? What is all this so-called education? Your parents send you here because they have taken certain degrees and have passed certain examinations. Have you ever asked yourselves why you are here, and have the teachers themselves asked you why you are here? Do the teachers themselves kw why they are here?
- Author BiographyJiddu Krishnamurti lived from 1895 to 1986, and is regarded as one of the greatest philosophical and spiritual figures of the twentieth century. He was first discovered by the Theosophists on a beach in South India in 1910 at the age of 13 and was educated to be the new World Teacher for the ages.
- Author(s)J. Krishnamurti
- PublisherKrishnamurti Publications of America,US
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOjai, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintKrishnamurti Publications of America,US
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight794 g
- Width191 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.