All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionBelieving that a strong academic enterprise welcomes and thrives upon collections, the University of Texas at Austin has long been one of the world's distinguished collecting universities. Its holdings, spanning more than 170 million objects, result from research and pedagogical interests that cover a radical range of subjects-archaeology, ethgraphy, fine and performing arts, rare books and manuscripts, decorative arts, photography, film, music, popular and material culture, regional and political history, natural history, science, and techlogy. The Collections: The University of Texas at Austin offers the first sweeping guide to the university's irreplaceable artifacts. It introduces some eighty discrete collections by outlining their histories, highlighting their strengths, and suggesting their educational functions. Andree Bober conceived this survey and organized more than three hundred individuals to lend their expertise. Included in the book is a historical introduction by Lewis Gould that traces the formation of the collections and ackwledges many people whose visions are manifest in these material resources.
- Author BiographyAndree Bober is the founding director of Landmarks, the public art program of the University of Texas at Austin. Previously she served as deputy and then interim director of the Contemporary Arts Center in Cincinnati. Her publications include Landmarks, The University of Texas at Austin and Susan Unterberg: A Retrospective.
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note807 color and 117 b&w illus.
- Weight4961 g
- Width6376 mm
- Height7747 mm
- Spine1626 mm
- Edited byAndree Bober
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.