The Colorful World of Tattoo Models by Timothy Remus, Akos Banfalvi (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.42+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionThe Colorful World of Tattoo Models is an intimate and, yes, colorful look at the some of the world's best tattoo models. Representing the US, the UK, and Europe, each model wears tattoos that range from the traditional to the avant-garde. More than 25 models fill this book, each with her own chapter. The book uses extensive interviews with each of the models to flesh out who they really are. Questions include the type of modeling they prefer, how they become a model, when they first become intrigued by tattoos, and the stories behind some of their favorite tattoos. But as good as the interviews are, it's the photos that carry this book. In each case the lighting is superb, the poses unusual and unusually intriguing. Sexy, sometimes subtle and often erotic, these photos are exceptional. Each chapter provides up to 30 images of each model - photos taken outside under natural light, and photos created inside with carefully positioned studio lights. The photographers, and there are a number of talented men and women who've contributed to this book, have captured the models at their most alluring, and in some cases, most open and vulnerable. Presented in a large, 10X10 format and printed on heavy, high-quality paper, this book is one that you can pick up and open to any page. Each presents the world's most beautiful models in a format that invites examination. Page through it quickly the first time, then come back again and again to read and wonder at the words and images that spill off the page.
- Author BiographyBest known for mototcycle titles like How to Build a Chopper and How to Build a Cheap Chopper, how-to-author Tim Remus is also the author of custom painting books like Advanced Airbrush Art and fabrication titles like Ultimate Sheet Metel Fabrication. Today the former auto mechanic runs a small publishing company, Wolfgang Publications, located in Stillwater, Minnesota. Some of his personal projects include a recently finished 250-tire Softail and an old Henry J hot rod he says may never be finished. Banfalvi Akos already knew from the outset that sooner or later he would become a journalist, and his first successful attempts occurred before he graduated from high school.Those first attempts, and much of the work he is best known for, concern music. Akos writes for a number or European music and fan magazines, and has also worked in both radio and TV. Though music is his first love, the art of tattoos is easily his second. Not just the ink, but the artists that create those inked images, and the men and women who make up the customer base for those artists. Thus it was only natural that Akos would assemble a team of photographers to document the best ink on the best models to be found in the US, UK and Europe, and do the writing and interviews himself.
- Author(s)Akos Banfalvi,Timothy Remus
- PublisherWolfgang Publications
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- Place of PublicationStillwater, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWolfgang Publications
- Content Note250 Colour
- Weight522 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.