All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA young boy stumbles across a Punch and Judy show at the pier and enters a world of extraordinary magic. With disturbing mysteries and half-truths uncontrollably unravelling, this boy is forced to deal with his family's secrets of violence, betrayal and guilt in this dark fable of childhood and growing up. By the bestselling author and illustrator pairing behind the Sandman series and children's classics, The Graveyard Book and Coraline, The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr Punch is woven together with Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean's trademark eerie elegance and supernatural thrills. In addition to its new cover, each page of this unmissable 20th anniversary edition has been remastered and a gallery of uncanny, sensational original artwork by Dave McKean has been included for the first time.
- Author BiographyNeil Gaiman has written highly acclaimed books for both children and adults and is the first author to have won both the Carnegie and Newbery Medals for the same work - The Graveyard Book. The L.A. Times has described his multimillion-selling graphic novel series Sandman as 'the greatest epic in the history of comic books'. Many of his books, including Coraline and Stardust, have been made into films; Neverwhere has been adapted for TV and radio and American Gods is in development as a major HBO series. He has also written two amazing episodes of Doctor Who and appeared in The Simpsons as himself. In 2013 Neil published his first adult novel for seven years, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, which received stellar reviews and was a bestseller around the world. For more on Neil Gaiman and his award-winning children's books, visit www.gaimanbooks.com. Dave McKean is a long-time artistic collaborator of award-winning author Neil Gaiman. He has illustrated and designed several children's books, including eight with Neil: Coraline, The Wolves in the Walls,The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish, Varjak Paw with S.F. Said (winner of the Smarties Gold award in 2004), Mirrormask, The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr Punch, Signal to Noise and Crazy Hair. He is also a film-maker. Dave lives in Kent.
- Author(s)Neil Gaiman
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight513 g
- Width220 mm
- Height300 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dave McKean
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.