CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
The Coming Global Coalescence: How Powerful Evolutionary Forces Are Transforming Seven Billion Individual Humans Into a Single Harmonious Social Organism by Walter Szykitka (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionIs this the vision the world has been waiting for, the idea whose time has come? A short book that takes on large issues from a unique perspective, it will challenge the reader to imagine a world in which money and violence have place, and then, realizing the possibilities, work to that end. After you have read the book, be sure to go to visit www.thecoalescence.net and join in the discussion.
- Author BiographyWalter Szykitka calls himself a 79-year-old unreconstructed Sixties radical Utopian. He was born in Millville, New Jersey, where his formal education ended with high school. At 20, he took up residence at the world headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses in Brooklyn, New York. By the time he left, seven years later, he had lost all faith in the religion and is now an agnostic. His final assignment before leaving was as a co-organizer of all domestic and international group travel to the largest religious convention ever held in New York City in 1958 when 250,000 people filled both Yankee Stadium and the Polo Grounds to hear an hour-long lecture entitled CAN YOU LIVE FOREVER IN HAPPINESS ON EARTH? (The answer was, Yes.) Since then, his professional career has covered a wide range of activities: taxi driver, warehouseman, secretary, salesman, travel agent, tour organizer, consultant, author. As a group tour organizer, he has arranged special-interest tours for zoologists, psychologists, firemen, students, and doctors to all the countries of Europe, as well as to Morocco, Kenya, Tanzania, Swaziland, India, Hawaii, Alaska, Australia, and Thailand. Well-traveled himself, he has visited more than 50 countries. He also organized the first travel agency to be owned by a department store: Dayton's in Minneapolis-St Paul, the company that morphed into Target. As a consultant on international trade and investments he organized a reverse trade mission for officials from the island of Mauritius. As a specialist in free trade zones, he and a Japanese associate traveled throughout Europe and the Caribbean on behalf of the Japanese Government to report on trade-zone activity, an effort that persuaded Japan's parliament to authorize the creation of 31 Foreign Access Zones throughout Japan to facilitate imports. As an author, in 1973 Szykitka produced the best-selling book PUBLIC WORKS, A Handbook for Self-Reliant Living. (Check YouTube for his nine-minute promotional visit on the Mike Douglas Show.) Other books included WITHOUT A LAWYER and HOW TO BE YOUR OWN BOSS. An updated version of PUBLIC WORKS is now in print under the title THE BIG BOOK OF SELF-RELIANT LIVING. He also co-authored a 12-part series, PURSUING THE UNEXPLAINED, for The New York Times Syndicated Features, which ran in 35 countries. After at least 40 years, perhaps even a lifetime, he has finally finished THE COMING GLOBAL COALESCENCE, summing up his social philosophy, and he wants to share it with you now.
- Author(s)Walter Szykitka
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.