All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe emergence of the book was an event of world historical importance, and heralded the dawning of modernity. In this much praised history of that momentous process, Lucien Febvre and Henri-Jean Martin mesh together ecomic and techlogical history, sociology and anthropology, with the study of modes of consciousness to root the development of printing in the changing social relations and ideological struggles of Western Europe.
- Author BiographyLucien Febvre, who died in 1956, was cofounder of the influential journal Annales, and is widely recognized as one of the foremost historians of the twentieth century. Henri-Jean Martin is a distinguished historian of the development of early printing.
- Author(s)Henri-Jean Martin,Lucien Fevre
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- LanguageEnglish & French
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight681 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.