All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
About this product
- DescriptionWithin a democracy, public opinion is often the strategic center of gravity during military operations. Our enemy kws this and fully exploits the information environment against us. In order to be effective, commanders require the necessary skill sets and resources to execute an effective strategic communication strategy to counter this effort. Information operations and public affairs capabilities provide commanders the ability to shape the information environment and public opinion. However, commanders are t educated, trained or resourced to leverage this capability. The research method used for this paper was problem/solution and qualitative in nature. The purpose of this research was to explore solutions to mitigate risks for commanders when engaging the media and shaping public opinion through the information instrument of power. This research effort found techlogy and policy have impacted the military-media relationship and commanders must recognize how to successfully use techlogy and governmental policy in dominating the information domain. In addition, commanders receive limited education, training, and resources on how to engage the media. A focused effort is needed to educate, train, and resource commanders for influence operations. Finally, insufficient strategic guidance, doctrine, and planning within the joint and Air Force communities cause undue risk for commanders preparing operations in the information domain. Air Force public affairs doctrine requires a detailed review to improve planning guidance for commanders.
- Author(s)James D Upchurch
- Date of Publication12/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight91 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.