All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionBased upon years of field experience, this Guide is addressed to you, whether your n-profit has experience of working with university interns or volunteers but wants to deepen and increase the effectiveness of the relationship; whether your agency is starting to explore how to improve client services through a campus collaboration; or whether you work for an NGO interested in partnering with universities across borders to effect positive change and draw attention to the challenges, resources, and needs of your community. This Guide offers insights and strategies to leverage student learning and community empowerment for the benefit of both parties. Recognizing both the possibilities and the pitfalls of community-campus collaborations, it demystifies the often confusing termilogy of education, explains how to locate the right individuals on campus, and addresses issues of mission, expectations for roles, tasks, training, supervision, and evaluation that can be fraught with miscommunication and misunderstanding. Most importantly it provides a model for achieving full reciprocity in what can be an unbalanced relationship between community and campus partners so that all stakeholders can derive the maximum benefit from their collaboration. This Guide is also available in sets of six or twelve, at reduced prices, to facilitate its use for planning, and for training of leaders engaged in partnerships.
- Author(s)Christine M Cress,Joyce P. Kaufman,Stephanie T. Stokamer
- PublisherStylus Publishing
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationSterling, VA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStylus Publishing
- Content Note16 tables, 18 figures, 22 pull-out texts
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.