All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThe Bible is the world's best-selling book. Its role in Western (and world) culture is unparalleled. But how did this seemingly random assortment of ancient texts become so popular? In this Compact Guide Martin Manser and Debra Reid lead a tour through the making, content, and contemporary relevance of the Bible. With chapters covering the world of the Bible as well as a book-by-book breakdown that includes the stories of the Bible's most famous characters, this is a perfect introduction for readers who are new to the Bible, or those who have read it many a time - but just want to better understand how everything fits together.
- Author BiographyMartin Manser is a reference book editor and a language trainer and consultant. He is editor of the Chambers Thesaurus and several Chinese-English dictionaries as well as a number of Lion titles including A TREASURY OF PSALMS. Debra Reid has been a tutor at Spurgeon's College, London, since 1987. She has been involved with the publication of a variety of Bible editions, new translations, and other reference books. She is the author of the Tyndale Old Testament Commentary on Esther.
- Author(s)Debra Reid,Martin H. Manser
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication20/08/2010
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleCompact Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLion Books
- Content NoteColour Maps, Photographs and Diagrams
- Weight426 g
- Width178 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.