Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the best-selling practical guide for company directors, fully updated to reflect the new Companies Act. The new Companies Act is the longest Act ever and has wide-ranging implications for directors of all companies, large and small, public and private. The Act received Royal Assent in November 2006; there is a transition period and it will come fully into force in 2008 but all company directors need to grasp the significant changes to the law w. This new edition covers all the changes made by the Act with guidance on their implications for directors and action to be taken. Major changes include: directors need to be very aware of some crucial changes to the law which significantly increase their liabilities, eg: previously a director could t be liable for a wrong decision, if made in good faith - w shareholders can instigate legal action against any director for any action or omission which in their opinion has damaged the company. Thorogood Desktop Guides are a practical source of reference, guidance, techniques and best practice - packed with checklists, charts, do's and don'ts, summaries, special tips and case studies.
- Author BiographyDavid Martin FCIS, FCIPD, FioD, runs his own successful consultancy and is a Fellow of the Institutes of Chartered Secretaries, Personnel and Development and Directors. He is a regular seminar speaker and has written over 40 books including One Stop Company Secretary (four editions) and The A to Z of Employment Practice (Thorogood).
- Author(s)David M. Martin
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width175 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.