All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionStarting with a major survey of the ecomics of sport, this volume involves primarily a comparison of the European and American models of sport, how to restructure leagues to make them more competitive, the analysis of gate-sharing mechanisms, the ecomic impact of promotion and relegation and a comparison of broadcasting regimes.
- Author BiographySTEFAN SZYMANSKI is Professor of Economics, Associate Dean and Director of the MBA Programme at the Cass Business School, City University of London, UK. He joins from Tanaka Business School, Imperial College, where he was the Programme Director for the full time MBA programme. He is a graduate of the University of Oxford, Hertford College, where he gained a first degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics. He began his teaching career at London Business School before moving to Imperial College in 1993. Professor Szymanski is also an economics professor, with many published articles on the business of sport, particularly football and the Olympics. With this professional interest in sports economics, he aspires to launch a sports business research centre at Cass in the future.
- Author(s)Stefan Szymanski
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/03/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight632 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.