All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is well-kwn that having a baby can be a time of joy but also one of anxiety and even depression for new mothers. Indeed it is very common for new mothers to experience a short period of distress following childbirth, often referred to as 'baby blues'. Usually this passes quite quickly, however for more than 1 in 10 women, this distressing experience can be more prolonged. This practical self-help book based on Compassion Focused Therapy will help women to recognise some of the symptoms and, where appropriate, to rmalise them, thereby alleviating their distress. It will also guide mothers-to-be and new mothers through the maze of confusing feelings that can arise. Not only will this book cover the basic experiences and symptoms associated with anxiety and depression and childbirth, an evolutionary model of why this occurs, and an outline of the basic Compassionate Mind model, it will guide the reader through a series of exercises that they can use for themselves to develop their compassionate mind and work on their difficulties.
- Author BiographyMichelle Cree is Consultant Clinical Psychologist in the Derbyshire Childbearing and Mental Health Service, and Mother and Baby Unit, where she has worked for the past twelve years. She uses Compassion Focused Therapy with all of her clients and travels the country presenting talks on and delivering workshops on CFT. She has also been commissioned by the Department of Health to deliver master classes to Family Nurses on using the Compassionate Mind Approach.
- Author(s)Michelle Cree
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication03/08/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteno plate section
- Weight538 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.