All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionAn accessible, inspirational guide that embraces the whole of the Judeo-Christian tradition. The most important book in Western history, the Bible has had a profound influence on the religious, intellectual, and cultural life of societies throughout the world. The Complete Bible Handbook draws on the latest scholarship to form the most comprehensive and accessible guide to the Bible ever published. Every book of the Bible is outlined and explained, with the focus on key figures, events and teachings. Led by the respected scholar John Bowker, pioneer in the study of religions, The Complete Bible Handbook is an authoritative and inspirational guide written by a multideminational team of experts that embraces both Jewish and Christian faiths. The commentaries are supported by more than 500 color illustrations, often casting new light on Bible stories. Location photographs and maps show biblical sites as they are today, and many important works of religious art are beautifully reproduced.
- Author BiographyJohn Bowker was Dean of Trinity College, Cambridge, from 1984 to 1991. He is currently a Fellow of Gresham College, London, and Honorary Canon of Canterbury Cathedral. He is also Adjunct Professor of Religion at North Carolina State University. Professor Bowker's many books include The Meanings of Death (which won the HarperCollins Religious Book Award in 1993), The Oxford Dictionary of World Religions, An Introduction to Jewish Interpretations of Scripture, and World Religions, published by DK. Donald C. Kraus, who served as US consultant for this book, has been Executive Editor, Bibles, at Oxford University Press since 1984. He was responsible for publishing two major translations (the RSV and NRSV) in addition to publishing such well-known study Bibles as the Catholic Study Bible, The Complete Parallel Bible, and the electronic version of The New Oxford Annotated Bible. He currently works with translation copyright holders and scholarly organizations to plan and publish Bible resources that will serve varying readerships, from beginning students to senior professors.
- Author(s)Fellow Gresham College London and Adjunct Professor John Bowker
- PublisherDK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)
- Date of Publication05/09/2001
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1438 g
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.