All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHermann Goring, Erwin Rommel, Manfred von Richthofen, Paul von Hindenburg, Helmuth von Moltke, Ernst Junger, Max Immelmann - they were among the most famous individuals to be awarded the Kingdom of Prussia's highest military order, the Pour le Merite, better kwn as the 'Blue Max'. Until the end of the Great War the Blue Max was the most prestigious accolade a German serviceman could wish for. Yet fictions and myths about the Blue Max have obscured its long and fascinating history. Kevin Brazier, in this comprehensive account of the Pour le Merite and of the men who received it, aims to set the record straight, and he provides a comprehensive listing of the men who were given this high hour.
- Author BiographyKevin Brazier has investigated the lives, careers and exploits of the exceptional individual (air)men who were awarded the Blue Max in order to compile this book. He has long been intrigued by British and German medals and awards, and his previous research led to his two previous books The Complete Victoria Cross and The Complete George Cross.
- Author(s)Kevin Brazier
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note16 B&W page section
- Weight640 g
- Width156 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.