Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionRide Strong, Ride Long ... Whether Your Goal Is 30 Miles or 3,000From Edmund R. Burke, Ph.D., and Ed Pavelka - two of the country's top cycling experts - comes the most comprehensive guide ever to achieving the strength, skills, and strategies you need for long-distance riding. Whether you're training for day rides, centuries, or cross-country trips, The Complete Book of Long-Distance Cycling helps you choose the right equipment, train step-by-step, and map out your riding strategy so that you can go the distance.Discover how to: * Make the most of every hour on your bike* Build your mileage base efficiently* Customize your training to suit your personality and physical capabilities* Build extra training time into your hectic schedule* Avoid injuries and the dangers of overtraining* Achieve the mental edge you need to ride farther and faster* Train for both road and off-road touring* Choose cycling gear that goes and goes* Eat for the long haul-- nutrition before, during, and after your ridesTo help you achieve your riding goals, The Complete Book of Long-Distance Cycling gives you complete, step-by-step training programs for riding a half-century, century, double century, and beyond. You'll also find strategies and techniques for special situations, such as riding in bed weather and riding at night. Published by the world's leading authority on bicycling, this informative guide is a must-have for all cycling enthusiasts.
- Author BiographyEdmund R. Burke, Ph.D., a leading expert on training and nutrition for bicyclists, worked with the U.S. national cycling team at the Olympic Training Center for more than 20 years. An endurance rider, he is currently professor and director of the exercise science program at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs.Ed Pavelka was executive editor of Bicycling magazine for 10 years and of Velo News for 8 years. He has written 20 bicycling books and holds two world records in ultra-marathon cycling. He is director of Internet content for Performance Bicycle in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- Author(s)Ed Pavelka,Edmund R. Burke
- PublisherRodale Press
- Date of Publication28/03/2001
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationEmmaus, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRodale Press
- Content Noteportraits
- Weight362 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.