All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou don't have to live on a farm to take your cooking skills to the next level with this pork butchering book for the home cook! Pork is the most consumed meat in the world. It's inexpensive and versatile, yet relatively few home cooks feel comfortable moving beyond pork chops. And the vast majority never dream of making chorizo or curing their own hams or bacon. The Complete Book of Pork Butchering, Smoking, Curing, Sausage Making, and Cooking changes all that. For the home cook who wants to step up to the butcher block, this bookis the perfect guide. Equal parts butchering handbook, cookbook, and food history book, The Complete Book of Pork Butchering, Smoking, Curing, Sausage Making, and Cooking allows food lovers to take on culinary challenges, such as making their own sausage varieties or breaking down an entire pig, start to finish. Kwing that a single, butchered market hog can produce 371 servings of pork, there's a lot of opportunity for anyone lucky eugh to get their hands on a whole hog. Even the folks who buy their meat in more manageable quantities can tackle new recipes and techniques in this book. The book offers recipes, photographs, and illustrations to turn average cooks into se-to-tail butchering enthusiasts. It also includes information about the history of pigs, meat storage and preservation techniques, and advice on how to best use every part of the pig to its most flavorful effect. There's only one way to enjoy this book: Pig out!
- Author BiographyPhilip Hasheider is a fifth-generation farmer raising pasture-grazed livestock with his wife and two children near Sauk City, Wisconsin. A former cheesemaker's assistant, his interests in agriculture and history have led him to write eleven books, including Voyageur Press' The Complete Book of Butchering, Smoking, Curing, and Sausage Making and The Hunter's Guide to Butchering, Smoking, and Curing Wild Game and Fish. He has also penned how-to books for raising livestock, which include How to Raise Pigs and How to Raise Cattle. Hasheider has written numerous articles for national and international dairy breed publications, and his diverse work has appeared in the Wisconsin Academy Review, the Capital Times, Wisconsin State Journal, Sickle & Sheaf, and Old Sauk Trails.
- Author(s)Philip Hasheider
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.