All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis rigorous and easy-to-follow programme helps keep the brain sharp and stimulated. While most brain exercise books are focused on preventing and treating memory loss due to ageing and disease, this book addresses the steps for increasing mental speed, visual acuity, language acquisition, sensory growth, and motor skills. The author deals with the recovery of brain function along with a prevention programme including neurological disease. The Complete Brain Exercise Book features 100 entertaining and engaging brain exercises and puzzles. There are also interactive questionnaires that enable the reader to assess brain health followed by expert counsel on growth and ultimately, positive progress working through the book. Because the relationship between brain health and diet is absolutely integral, diet and nutrition are front and centre, with extensive brain food lists, recipes and menu plans. The book features four parts: * More Than Memory - Ageing Naturally; Normal Brain Function; Impaired Brain Function; Ageing Prematurely; Neuroplasticity; Multiple Intelligences; Quick Learning; * Brain Strength Training Exercises - Mental speed warm-up exercises; Visual-spatial intelligence exercises; Language growth exercises; Sensory processing exercises; Motor learning exercises; * Brain Hygiene - Sleep & Exercise; Sports and recreation exercises; Social support and emotional health exercises; Learning a new language exercises; * Brain Food - Keeping a food diary; Eliminating and substituting 'bad' brain foods; Shopping for the top 20 preventive foods; recipes and meal plans.
- Author BiographyDr. Fraser Smith, BA, MATD, ND, is an assistant dean and teacher of Naturopathic Medicine at the National University of Health Science's College of Professional Studies. He is also an editorial board member of Natural Medicine Journal.
- Author(s)Fraser Smith
- PublisherRobert Rose Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobert Rose Inc
- Weight680 g
- Width178 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.06
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.