All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout years of answering calls at rewned Cleveland Clinic's Cancer Answer Line, Advance Practice Nurses Jamie Schwachter and Josette Snyder have spoken with patients of all ages and with all types and stages of cancer. They have listened to countless stories and offered advice. They've answered questions from friends and family members, and even from physicians and other healthcare professionals. What should I wear to chemotherapy? Should I get a second opinion? How do I talk with my family about my cancer? Why does it take so long to get a diagsis? Is complementary treatment something I should consider? The more questions they fielded, the more they wanted to compile those questions--and their answers--into a resource to help cancer patients everywhere. In The Complete Cancer Organizer: Your Answers to Questions About Living With Cancer, Jamie and Josette share answers to the most common questions about living well during and following cancer treatment. Full of lists, tips, and suggestions, the book allows patients and their families to face a challenging time armed with kwledge and concrete strategies that have worked for others before them. Cancer may be a new experience, but it doesn't have to be faced alone. Cancer Answer nurses Jamie Schwachter and Josette Snyder can help guide you through the process in The Complete Cancer Organizer.
- Author BiographyJamie Schwachter, BSN, MSN, CNP, received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Indiana University, Bloomington, and her Master of Science in Nursing from Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio. Jamie started her advanced practice career working for 9 years as a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner, focusing on gynecology, primary care, lifestyle modification, health promotion, and disease prevention. Jamie was the Coordinator of the 4th Angel Mentoring Program at the Cleveland Clinic, which matches cancer patients and those that support them with like patients and support people who have gone through similar experiences. She is currently employed as an Adult Nurse Practitioner at the Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute. Jamie primarily functions as a Cancer Answer Line nurse, responding to any calls or e-mails coming into the Cleveland Clinic regarding cancer. These calls come in from patients, caregivers, support members, and other clinicians. She also triages new patients into the cancer center for scheduling purposes and coordination of care. In addition, she is one of the main contributors to the website Chemocare.com and a facilitator for chemotherapy education classes, cancer etiquette courses for employees, and survivorship classes. She is also a contributor to Cleveland Clinic's Health Hub. Josette M. Snyder, BSN, MSN, AOCN, is a Clinical Nurse Specialist at the Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute. She received both her Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Nursing degrees from Kent State University, Kent, Ohio. She has been an oncology nurse for 20 years, with experience along the continuum of oncology care, including palliative medicine, clinical trial research, and for the past 14 years in the role of Clinical Nurse Specialist with the Cancer Answer Line. Feeling a listening ear is key to her success, Josette responds to calls and e-mails coming to the Cleveland Clinic regarding cancer and shares information, support, and advice. Josette is also a main contributor of content and design to Chemocare.com, a website that provides information to patients and caregivers about the chemotherapy experience. In addition, she is a facilitator for patient chemotherapy education classes, cancer etiquette courses for employees, and has developed several patient education materials. She is also a contributor to Cleveland Clinic's Health Hub. She is certified as an Advanced Oncology Nurse through the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC) and is an active member of the Oncology Nursing Society since 1991 and locally has served as chairperson of several committees.
- Author(s)Jamie Schwachter,Josette Snyder
- PublisherSpry Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication18/02/2016
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpry Publishing LLC
- Weight671 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.