All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionFrom its origins during World War II to its modern role as the world's premier anti-terrorist unit, Britain's Special Air Service has been home to the most highly trained and deadly soldiers ever to do battle. This encyclopedia aims to penetrate the legend to provide a reference to every aspect of the history of the British Army's elite fighting force, and that of its brothers-in-arms in the Australian, New Zealand and Rhodesian SAS. This easily accessible A-Z offers over 1000 entries, each cross-referenced, covering operations, personnel, specialized weaponry and equipment. Not only useful as a historical record of the world's most famous special force, this book also aims to stand as a tribute to all members of the SAS, past and present, for their outstanding bravery while remaining true to an ideology that forms the backbone of the Regiment - Who Dares Wins.
- Author BiographyBarry Davies, B.E.M, is a highly respected authority on the SAS and was decorated during his 18 years' service with the elite unit. He is the author of numerous books on the subject and appeared as an expert on the BBC's SAS: Are You Tough Enough?
- Author(s)Barry Davies
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication07/06/2001
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations, maps, portraits
- Weight456 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.