All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis latest addition to the internationally acclaimed Library and Information Science Text Series presents up-to-date information on acquisitions management. The authors provide a thorough treatment of procedural and philosophical approaches, from a discussion of the organization of acquisitions departments to an exploration of professional ethics. Organized into 12 chapters, the work covers every aspect of acquisitions management and addresses some major changes that have recently occurred in the acquisitions arena. Chapters include: * Organization of Acquisitions Departments * Acquisitions Systems * Publishing Industry * Domestic and Foreign Vendor Selection and Evaluation * Acquiring Books and Media * Acquiring Serials * Acquiring Electronic Resources * Acquiring Out-of-Print and Antiquarian Dealers * Gifts and Exchange Programs * Bindery Operations * Outsourcing Acquisitions * Professional Ethics An appendix offers a wealth of Web sites and print resources on topics related to acquisitions, including automated acquisitions systems, conferences and seminars, vendor sites, electronic discussion lists, journals, and organizations. A comprehensive glossary and index are also included. This standard text will prepare students to assume leadership positions in the field and help acquisitions staffs stay abreast of changes and practices.
- Author BiographyFRANCES C. WILKINSON is Associate Professor of Librarianship and the Associate Dean of Library Services. Prior to that she was Director of the Acquisitions and Serials Department, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque. LINDA K. LEWIS is Associate Professor of Librarianship, and Director of Collection Management and Resource Acquisitions Department, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque.
- Author(s)Frances C. Wilkinson,Linda K. Lewis
- Date of Publication30/09/2003
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleLibrary and Information Science Text Series
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight615 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.