All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy providing a thorough grounding in the theory behind behaviour management, followed by suggestions for successful strategies to use in the classroom, this book gives the reader the confidence to manage the challenging behaviour of children and young people in educational contexts. Written specifically for teaching assistants and support staff, this book covers behaviour, motivation and discipline issues with their specific role and position in mind. Supported by the views and responses of current students on Foundation Degrees and those working towards HLTA status, the book reflects the difficulties, dilemmas and successes of this vital group of people working in today's classrooms. There are three main types of teaching assistant: the discipliner; the negotiator; the counsellor. This book helps the reader to find their own behaviour management style, and their own way of working. Useful features include: - chapter objectives - exercises and activities - case studies - further reading. This book is idea for those studying on a Foundation Degree, working towards Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) or anyone working in a supporting role in a Primary or Secondary setting. Chris Lee was until recently Senior Lecturer in Education and Head of the School of Continuing Professional Development at the Faculty of Education, University of Plymouth. He has taught in secondary and special schools, and continues to work with teachers on issues of bullying and behaviour management. He is w a freelance educational consultant.
- Author BiographyChris Lee was until recently Senior Lecturer in Education and Head of the School of Continuing Professional Development at the Faculty of Education, University of Plymouth. He has taught in secondary and special schools, and continues to work with teachers on issues of bullying and behaviour management. He is now a freelance educational consultant.
- Author(s)Chris Lee
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight249 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine8 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.