All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis totally revised book will walk you through the process of developing, planning, and implementing a stone building project. You will learn about the common types of stone, where natural stone is found, and how to gather your own fieldstone. You will learn how to use stone, where to acquire it, and how it is cut, sold, and used in various projects. You will learn what tools you need, how to start working with dry stone, how to work with mortared stone, and the correct way to pour and mix cement. You will learn how to build stone walls, mailboxes, and fireplaces. You can enhance your backyard with a stone patio, arch, rock garden and more.
- Author BiographyBrenda Flynn is a freelance writer and artist who lives in Ormond Beach, Florida. She has always had a passion for rocks and stones, and she studied with many artisans from the Dry Stone Conservancy in Kentucky, learning to rebuild dry stone walls from the Civil War era along the beautiful countryside of Kentucky, where she lived for six years. Flynn has worked in masonry and brick, building many outdoor projects, such as barbecues, patios, fences, and walls.
- Author(s)Brenda Flynn
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/07/2015
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Publishing Co
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight316 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.